5 June 2019

Major: Reflective Statement


This project has been amazing, but difficult. I spent most of it still struggling with visualising the end result, and it wasn't until the end that I felt I could make the film I wanted to make. Choosing something personal has made me want to represent myself well, but it has also been challenging. Particularly listening to my own voice repeatedly, talking about something difficult, was difficult at times. I need to finish or adjust lots of things, and I also need to be more organised. I handed in more work than I thought I would have ready, but I wasn't ready to put it all together.

I will continue to work on the animation, and finish the lip sync properly. As well as organise and expand on my making of document. One thing I am excited to work on now, is sound design. The music, composed by Jeffrey Wang, has really brought the film to life, and I can't wait to fill it in with some sound design.

I have found many technical challenges, but I have also found myself excited to solve the problems. I feel much more confident with Maya now, and excited to improve my skills and learn more. Looking back to where I started three years ago, I think I have come a long way. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, aside from make something colourful. I also wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it at all.  I have found that I enjoy many aspects of the animation pipeline, and that I can seeing the results of each stage is satisfying. I still love drawing and coming up with ideas, and have learned that I also love the technical aspects, particularly rigging. And, although this isn't finished, I have made something I'm pleased with, and it is colourful!

No comments:

Post a Comment